Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Overqualified, a la Spacey

So, who's seen American Beauty? You know that movie that won Best Picture back in 1998 or 1999? Remember when Kevin Spacey first hits his midlife crisis, quits his job and then hits up the equivalent of Mickey D's and applies for a job?

"I believe you're a bit overqualified, sir."

I got that today.

Now, I didn't post on this earlier, but last Sunday, not two days ago, but a week ago...
-----------.

Yeah, well the old man at the Denny's I was toiling for is a real piece of work. I won't slander in a public forum, but if you want to hear my side of the story, you'll know where to find me by the week is over.

So I had my first interview at a nice little joint in my old neighborhood of Ballard. And I got the line with the manager staring over my resume.

"You're kind of overqualified."

Imagine the dumb grin that spread like Oleo (but not so fake) across my face.
I'll keep you all posted, and sorry for the lack of hyperlinks and jumps. I'm kind of watching Nip/Tuck right now.

2 comments:

gabriel said...

I think it's a good thing. I get a call back after all the other interviews are conducted, and she told me that I'm the numero uno prospect at the moment.

$400-800 in sales for a seven hour shift? 20-25% gratuities? Sign me up.

Shannon said...

Hey Gaby Baby,

Glad to hear about the good prospect. You are "overqualified" for anything other than being the next BIG thing to happen to the horror film industry! Those napkins are my 401K- get crackin and become famous already- The M Gate is calling-lets do Karaoke soon.