Friday, March 14, 2008

Flipping birds since 1983

Crosswords are a crazed passion of mine. Everyday I wake up and head down to a previously mentioned cafe and crack open both the daily NYTimes and the syndicated one that appears in both the Seattle Times and the Post-Intelligencer. Heck I've even bough stacks of graph paper and tried to make a fifteen-by-fifteen puzzle all by myself.

Not with much luck, unfortunately.

I love Brendan Emmett Quigley's puzzle, though I can't find where he has his syndicated puzzle is located on the web, except for over at The Stranger. I've found his profile over at Cruciverb and a few articles about him writing puzzles but nothing that suggests a true presence on the web.

But that's really not the reason why I made a post about crosswords. I just came about Dictionary.com's puzzle "solver" here. Basically it's a few submit fields where you punch in the clue you're having trouble with, any letters you happen to have and the amount of results you would like to come back. Now, if I was on the internet looking for help on a crossword, isn't that what Google and Wikipedia are for? Yikes. I'm no blue-hair that requires a tome of answers every time I pick up a puzzle. That's just outrageous.

If you got BEQ's website it would be awesome if you were to leave it for me. If you happen to be Brendan and you happened upon this whilst ego manically searching for references to yourself, thanks for sadistically ticking me off. Keep it up, I like it.

So in the meantime, enjoy this picture of a baby hedgehog's poop chute.

No comments: