Monday, March 10, 2008

Just call me Jonathan Frakes

Because I just got shoved back to number 2 on The Bridge.



I checked up on the job that I applied for, and sure enough... I'm no Patrick Stewart. Who once was the number one pick for the job got beat out by someone unknown. Apparently prettier and most likely has more hair.

So I won't be working the shift I told everyone about that could possibly rocket myself up Ballard Avenue. I got beaten to the punch. During the phone call to the lady that gave me the interview she said something along the lines of, "But we'll be training you."

To lucks fate another server went ahead and put in a notice. An undisclosed time notice. As in it could be a day, it could be a week or three or a month. Wasn't the standard two weeks? Who does that? And who beat me to it?

I'll keep you posted. I wish I had whiskey.

Dangnabbit. Want some comedy? This is just about the only thing that brought a smile to my face aside from compulsive brushing and Listerine.

1 comment:

Cas said...

I fucking LOVE improv everywhere.
it's fucking brilliant.

This is my favorite of theirs, to date though, for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo