Thursday, April 3, 2008

Seriously, guys.

The job is amazing.

Enough said, but it seems like this could possibly be a fixture for the next year or so. The money is amazing, the sales are through the roof, and still the clientèle are freaking incredible... AND they are also absolutely welcoming through and through.

There is one downside to the gig, and I'll verbalize it as best as I can...

There is a Ice Bin of Doom.

Its located at the top of the restaurant, after a shaky bunch of stairs with a shaky handlebar which amounts to the scariest bar backing experience of all time. Say a block of ice comes loose from the scooper and lands near said steps? Absolutely terrifying. I'm coming to terms with my cognitive fear.

But it's damn good to be back in Ballard. Twenty percent gratuities? Off an often thousand dollars in sales in four hours? Fuck(sorry Mom), but I'll fucking take it. Plus being in the same area as all my favorite locals? Holla, to my boy Slim Thug!

I love you bastards!

1 comment:

Linzy said...

so does this mean your NY trip is full steam ahead? :)